Staff Adjuster

Staff Adjusters are called "Staff" because they work directly for an insurance carrier. This can be a great way to get into the business and is very attractive to recent college graduates. Normally, the salary range for an entry level position is between $33,000 and $62,000. The disparity is due to the wide range of claims one might handle. These positions might handle Property, Auto or Casualty claims and all require different skill sets.

‚ÄčThe benefit of this track is to gain the knowledge and experience all while being paid for training. The training is commonly structured and measured giving the adjuster a well-rounded base for thriving in the industry.

Independent Adjuster

An Independent Claims Adjuster provides services on a contract basis to insurance companies, self-insured firms, and governmental entities. Depending on the nature of the claim being handled, billing can be on a time-and-expense basis, flat fee-per-claim basis, or flat annual fee for all claims. Independent adjusters are used when an insurer is overloaded with claims (often due to a catastrophe), when a claim occurs in a remote locale, or when special expertise is required to adjust a claim.

Public Adjuster

A public adjuster is a claims handler who advocates for the policyholder in appraising and negotiating a claimant's insurance claim. Public adjusters licensed by state departments of insurance are the only type of claims adjuster that can legally represent the rights of an insured during an insurance claim process. Most public adjusters charge a percentage of the settlement. Primarily they appraise the damage, prepare an estimate and other claim documentation, read the policy of insurance to determine coverages, and negotiate with the insurance company's claims handler.

The best part of having the Texas All-Lines Adjuster License is the breadth of claims you can work. Whatever path you think works best for you or maybe handle them all. Here are some of the opportunities available with the All-Lines License.

Property (Residential & Commercial)
Auto (From motorcycle to RV)
Heavy Equipment
Farm and Ranch (This includes buildings, equipment, animals and crops)
Inland Marine (Trucks on the road and the cargo)
Ocean Marine (Ships and cargo)
Workers Comp